The Community Outreach Initiative is a volunteer led annual working bee, often described as The Block for social good. The aim is to provide coordinated assistance to organisations and communities that require a helping hand. Past projects have included painting and repairing community facilities in Montserrat and Bendigo, creating a sensory garden for a special development school and the reconstruction of fence-lines destroyed by floods in Northern Victoria.
Approximately 40 volunteers from LSC&PH will donate a weekend of their time to assisting the chosen community organisation. Volunteers have a range of skills and abilities with anyone able to lend a hand.
- 2017 | Bendigo Church on the Hill
- 2016 | Refurbishment of 2 sites for Able Australia
- 2015 | Construction of a sensory garden at the Bendigo Specialist Development School
- 2014 | Renovation of Mont Serrat emergency accommodation for youth, run by Melbourne Youth Initiative
- 2013 | Refurbishment of the Youth Project’s offices in Melbourne CBD
- 2012 | Moira Shire flood response project
- 2011 | Benjeroop flood response Project